Monday 18 August 2014

Me Me Me Just This Once

A lot can happen in 109 days. I never would have thought it possible to become as fulfilled as I am now in such a short space of time. Slumped in the confines of the British Library, racing their rather unnecessary 8 o'clock deadline, I couldn't have imagined the comparison I'd be able to look back on. The process of stepping back from it all and experiencing a complete psychological reboot has been refreshingly slow but it seems I am finally ready to get these articles going again.

The last three and a half months have played an essential part in calming life down and I'd recommend to anyone the process of stepping back from it all and working out what exactly is the motivation behind the current main component of life. What is the purpose of the job, course or task that takes up most of the day? In what way is it helping create or at least lead in the direction of a fulfilling life?

In addition to answering these questions, the past few months have also involved a tremendous amount of intrinsic value. It's hardly my place to tell you my photos are any good but while there's always room for improvement, I've found myself noticing far more frequently, those moments which will create that gripping shot. The most important thing is that Bellitudo never stops growing and becoming better than what it used to be in one way or another.

The same goes for my new online broadcast. I choose that word with great care - not quite a radio show, certainly not a TV show and accessible to anyone at anytime on any device. Quite apart from the prospect of the possibilities in store, it is exhilarating to wake up five days a week knowing something good will happen today.

So there it is, an incredibly self centred return to the world of articles - well I was hardly going to ignore more than 15 weeks' absence. But being out of London has definitely made me more focused and hopefully Bellitudo and Slothitude will show this. The main reason for this article though was to provide context. I spent two years in the capital doing everything I could to compelte tasks to the best of my ability but with all the will in the world and an unquantifiable amount of assistance from a series of incredible individuals who have each changed my life beyond recognition, finding peace has allowed me to truly begin to strive.

No comments:

Post a Comment